Preserving the Past. Embracing the Future.
Atria Development is excited about our upcoming project the Y-Lofts in the former Historic YMCA building in the heart of downtown Peterborough, Ontario. The Y-Loft project is a multi-purpose building that will feature over 130 luxury apartments on the corner of George and Murray across from Peterborough’s iconic city hall and Confederation Park.
THE HISTORY OF PETERBOROUGH’S YMCA.
1895 — Formally recognized as a heritage structure, Peterborough’s downtown YMCA was built in 1895 by local architect William Blackwell. Over the years, the building has expanded and changed to meet the needs of a growing number of patrons. Thanks to a donation from Charlotte Nicholls, the widow of prominent businessman Robert Nicholls, the Peterborough YMCA was able to begin construction.
1930's — The first addition to the YMCA consisted of a handball court, a club room and three more dormitories. Also, included was a swimming pool to be used for diving events, swimming |competitions and lessons.
1969 — The second expansion, designed by prominent Toronto architects Craig and Zeidler, included a youth centre and an additional Olympic-sized aquatic area.
1978 — The final addition to the YMCA building was completed in 1978 and consisted of an Olympic gymnasium, new handball and squash courts were created, and some improvements made to existing facilities.
2007 — Alas, the YMCA’s time at the corner of Murray and George Streets came to a close as everything was packed up and moved to a new location. Effectively closing a chapter in the life of this historical building.
2017 — The year that signifies the rebirth of a true local icon. As luxury condo-style rental suites breathe new life into the historic YMCA Building in downtown Peterborough.
Kitchen and dining area with walkout terrace
Two BBQ stations with outdoor dining area
Outdoor lounge area for relaxing in the sun
Wheelchair accessible washroom
- Livingroom and bedrooms with glass/wood sliding door(s) (as per plan)
- Juliet balconies (as per plan)
- Individually controlled heating and cooling system
- Secure card access (keyless access) to individual suites
- Smooth drywall ceiling finished with matte paint in the common areas and bedrooms
- Mildew resistant and washable eggshell finish inside bathroom, laundry room and on a kitchen ceiling
- Washable, scrub resistant semi-gloss finish on all interior door frames, trim and baseboards
- Lofty 8 1⁄2 foot ceilings (as per plan)
- Luxury wood-grain vinyl plank flooring throughout excluding bathroom(s) and laundry
- Brand new stainless steel appliances including: fridge, slide-in electric stove, dishwasher, hood fan, countertop/shelf microwave oven*
- Modern, high quality kitchen cabinets in either shaker style or flat panel (as per plan) with soft-close hinges
- Caesarstone™ kitchen counters
- Standard kitchen island with Caesarstone tops
- Custom designed kitchen island with waterfall Ceasarstone tops (as per plan), electrical and USB outlets
- Kitchen Island with Caesarstone Countertop and lower cabinets (as per plan)
- Stainless sink with upgraded single lever faucet with pullout spray
- Tiled backsplash from countertop to underside of upper cabinets
- *Location of microwave is subject to change
- Custom built-in vanity with Caesarstone countertop
- Built-in mirror with LED lighting above vanity
- Decorative chrome bathroom accessories including toilet paper dispenser & towel bar
- Temperature & pressure balance shower control valve and eco friendly shower head
- Upgraded single lever faucets with chrome finish
- Full height ceramic tile shower enclosure with glass door (as per plan) including LED shower pot light
- Soaker tub (as per plan)
- Porcelain tile floor
- Conveniently located near public transit and GO bus terminal
- Bike lockers available
- Energy efficient building construction throughout
- Custom climate control heating/cooling system in common areas
- Energy efficient windows and glazing
- Insulated exterior panels, thermally broken glazing system, double glazed insulated glazing with Low E coating
- Professionally landscaped outdoor walkway and benches
- Energy Star rated appliances
- Energy efficient plumbing fixtures
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures with LED bulbs in suite and in common areas
- 60/100 amp electrical service with copper wiring
- Decora style light switches and outlets
- Energy efficient LED bulbs throughout
- Outdoor weatherproof electrical receptacle on terrace (as per plan)
- Fire and carbon monoxide detectors in all suites
- Secure card access to suites, common area and parking
- Secure card access to the building
- Parking access through secure gates
- Surveillance cameras in all common areas, building entrances and parking area
- Ensuite laundry with new brand name white stackable washer and dryer
- Porcelain tile floor
Specifications subject to change without notice. The developer reserves the right to make changes and modifications to the information combined herein without prior notice.E.&O.E.
SUITE #ONE UNIT LEFT
Thank you for your registration